[csw-maintainers] debug output - all variables

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Mon Dec 21 13:12:39 CET 2009

Hi Rupert,

Am 21.12.2009 um 11:59 schrieb rupert THURNER:
> is there a possibility to display all the defined variables for a
> debug output?

No, you can only output specific variables where the names of the
variables
must be known.

> i find it particularly difficult to see through all the
> variables used in the subversion makefile. just to give you some
> randomly picked out examples which finally makes then libsvn_ra_dav go
> into /opt/csw/lib instead of /opt/csw/lib/svn.
>
> $(libdir)
> $(SVNLIB)
> $(DESTDIR)
> $(prefix)
> $(WORKDIR)

Ok, so you want to print out basically the values for the variables in
gar.conf.mk
or the GAR variable reference, right?

> SVNLIB = $(prefix)/lib/svn
>
> CONFIGURE_ARGS  = $(DIRPATHS) --libdir=$(SVNLIB) --libexecdir=$
> (SVNLIB)
>
> fix-ra_dav:
>    @# libsvn_ra_dav-1* has been renamed to libsvn_ra_neon-1*
>    @# in the new versions of subversion,
>    @# we need to link for backward compatability
>    @(gln -s $(DESTDIR)$(libdir)/libsvn_ra_neon-1.so.0.0.0 \
>        $(DESTDIR)$(libdir)/libsvn_ra_dav-1.so.0)
>    @(gln -s $(DESTDIR)$(libdir)/libsvn_ra_neon-1.so.0.0.0 \
>        $(DESTDIR)$(libdir)/libsvn_ra_dav-1.so)
>    @$(MAKECOOKIE)

This does not work as you don't change the libdir variable. You could do
   libdir_install = $(prefix)/lib/svn

> other usages include:
> @(grm -fr $(DESTDIR)$(prefix)/lib/perl/5.8.8)
>
> i tried "gmake -d" but the output is enourmous - and i could not see
> the variables.

That does not work, right. I am currently looking at the GNU make
debugger
"remake" if it would help.