[csw-maintainers] Perl v5.10.1 in testing versus cssh

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Mon Dec 21 16:26:31 CET 2009

Hi Sebastian,

Am 21.12.2009 um 16:20 schrieb Sebastian Kayser:
> * Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski <maciej at opencsw.org> wrote:
>> On Mon, Dec 21, 2009 at 3:11 PM, Dagobert Michelsen
>> <dam at opencsw.org> wrote:
>>> Gary, I installed Perl 5.10.1 on build8st, would you mind giving
>>> clusterssh
>>> a try against the updated Perl?
>>
>> It's not that, at least in this case.  clusterssh doesn't contain any
>> shared objects, the package consists only of a perl script and a man
>> page:
>>
>> http://www.opencsw.org/search/clusterssh
>
> It relies on pm_tk which in turn is compiled against the previous perl
> version. We should set up some automated way of re-building all perl
> modules with shared objects files against the new perl.

The easiest way would be to update cpan2pkg from CSWcswutils to output
GAR Makefile and then mass-update the modules. I won't have much time
over christmas as I won a Live Upgrade migration from U6 UFS to U8 ZFS
for an 8-machine Sun Ray cluster which will suck up most of my "spare"
time...

Sebastian, would you mind giving it a look?