[csw-maintainers] submitpkg in cswutils-1.14.5

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Mon Dec 21 22:51:19 CET 2009

On Monday, December 21, 2009, Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski
<maciej at opencsw.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 21, 2009 at 8:02 PM, Philip Brown <phil at bolthole.com> wrote:
>> oh let's NOT include all svn messages please.
>> too much information potentially
>
> I'll first explain why I was thinking of including them.  I'm aiming
> at automating all the bits that don't absolutely require human
> intervention.  I assume that as the release manager, you would like to
> know what has changed since the last release.

as release manager, I might like t know if anythng IMPORTANT has
changed. parsing all those entries is the antithesis of automaton. it
requires detailed human scrutiny, if the maintained has been writng
detailed change logs.

perhaps it might be beneficial if the tool optionally displayed the
logs to the mantainer only. then they can determine if there is
anything important to pass on to the release manager?