[csw-maintainers] apr-1.3.9 - test failure ?

rupert THURNER rupert at opencsw.org
Tue Dec 22 01:27:47 CET 2009

On Tue, Dec 22, 2009 at 00:16, Sebastian Kayser <skayser at opencsw.org> wrote:
> Hi Rupert,
>
> rupert THURNER wrote on 22.12.2009 00:04:
>> On Mon, Dec 21, 2009 at 21:07, Philip Brown <phil at bolthole.com> wrote:
>>> btw as a reminder: while apache2 "can" use the bundled apr there are
>>> some benefits to having it use a standalone external package
>>>
>>> it would be a very nice thing if we had one, and in fact there was
>>> some package in recent months that needed one?
>>
>> i commented the tests for the moment, the test code does ipv6.
>
> glad it helped! There was a similar problem with mbuffer, which also
> does IPv6 tests. Instead of completely disabling the test suite, it was
> possible to only skip the IPv6 test. This way one is still alerted (and
> I already was) if anything else goes wrong. Might be wise to take the
> same route for apr for future builds. Do any other tests fail right now?

no. i did not find any log file but looked into the code. i do not
understand what they really try to do ... but i'd saythe test suite
should not test things which are known not to work.

the code contains:
#if APR_HAVE_IPV6
static void tcp6_socket(abts_case *tc, void *data)

and the config log says:
configure:34230: checking if APR supports IPv6
configure:34232: result: yes

rupert.