[csw-maintainers] submitpkg in cswutils-1.14.5

Ben Walton bwalton at opencsw.org
Tue Dec 22 02:09:29 CET 2009

Excerpts from Philip Brown's message of Mon Dec 21 16:51:19 -0500 2009:

> as release manager, I might like t know if anythng IMPORTANT has
> changed. parsing all those entries is the antithesis of automaton. it
> requires detailed human scrutiny, if the maintained has been writng
> detailed change logs.

This is a good point...

Given the way svn works, I find myself committing things that in a
decent VCS, I wouldn't, or, more often, committing a whole bunch of
disjoint changes together, making the actual log messages somewhat
less useful.  Also, I can't correct commit messages if I make a typo,
or squash commits together if I forget to update the checksums file
after bumping versions, etc.  Subversion promotes (or at least doesn't
discourage) badness in this area.

While I like the overall idea, I agree with Phil that this would
become a polluted change log in a hurry.

HTH.

GPG Key Id: 8E89F6D2; Key Server: pgp.mit.edu
Contact me to arrange for a CAcert assurance meeting.