[csw-maintainers] Perl v5.10.1 in testing versus cssh

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Tue Dec 22 14:27:19 CET 2009

Hi Sebastian,

Am 22.12.2009 um 00:22 schrieb Sebastian Kayser:
>> Sebastian, would you mind giving it a look?
>
> My time is limited also (will be away most of the holidays), but I
> will
> have a look. IIRC I even spotted a full blown CPAN-to-build-
> description
> utility within another distro. Might well be suitable/adjustable for
> our
> purposes. What sort of time pressure do we have with the perl upgrade?

Well, the Perl in current is broken to the point that some packages
can't
be compiled due to conflict in current vs. shipped MakeMaker. Perl
5.10.1
solves this, so timely shipping would certainly be good.

BTW, the cpan2pkg script I mentioned is based on the script you cited,
but already has all the stuff from CSW in it with the exception of
producing packages instead of GAR Makefiles.