[csw-maintainers] CSWcswclassutils: it wants to write in /usr

James Lee james at opencsw.org
Tue Dec 22 17:05:13 CET 2009

On 22/12/09, 15:35:48, Philip Brown <phil at bolthole.com> wrote regarding Re:
[csw-maintainers] CSWcswclassutils: it wants to write in /usr:

> We deploy under /opt/csw , except when the nature of solaris requires
> us to deploy in a specific location elsewhere. For example, our
> dtlogin integration packages, which deploy under /usr/dt

/etc/dt can be used and most CSW dtlogins do.

CSWicewm is the only one that does not, bug report:
http://www.opencsw.org/bugtrack/view.php?id=1120

Other (ab)users of /usr/...

CSWdialog (REV=2003.03.18) and CSWsambawb (REV=2006.08.09b) are old
and have pending bug reports.

CSWpmmailspf, updates existing /usr/ directories, bug report:
http://www.opencsw.org/bugtrack/view.php?id=4079

CSWtun, CSWtop and CSWdosexec are drivers and write to /usr/kernal.

Leaving only CSWclassutils.