[csw-maintainers] Use of java folder

William Bonnet william at wbonnet.net
Sun Feb 1 21:23:37 CET 2009

Hi

>> In fat the problem is that my original email was  /not clear/. I was
>> talking about adding files to GAR, so it was about the java (or
>> javalibs) directory in svn not under /opt/csw :)
>>

> ahaha.. good to know now :-)

How do we say in such case ? better late than never ? :)

So... I am wondering where is the best place to store java libraries in
the svn repository that GAR is using (so i do not speak about stuff
under /opt/csw ;) ). I have a few java libs to add to GAR build system.
This include stuff like several Apache commons libs, log4j and junit.
Since there will be many libs, it might be useful to group them under a
directory.

Let consider junit as an example. What would be the best place for it :

[a]. SVN_ROOT/pkg/junit
[b]. SVN_ROOT/pkg/java/junit
[c]. SVN_ROOT/pkg/javalibs/junit
[d]. SVN_ROOT/pkg/java/javalibs/junit

I personnaly prefer [b]. [d] would have sense if there is something else
under java like jdk, and maybe tomcat or jboss

cheers
W.

--
William                  http://www.wbonnet.net