[csw-maintainers] nginx: csw/mgar

Andy Igoshin ai at vsu.ru
Tue Feb 3 11:39:36 CET 2009

Hi!

On Tuesday 03 February 2009, Dagobert Michelsen wrote:
> Am 02.02.2009 um 19:44 schrieb Andy Igoshin:
> > i have commited milestone 2 of the nginx package.
> >
> > for below feature:
> > This package may use online upgrade feature of nginx which
> > allows not to interrupt the processing of clients requests
> > during the nginx version upgrade.
> > To use it you should install the package over the existing
> > version (without removing).
> >
> > i changed ~/mgar/pkg/nginx/trunk/gar/pkglib/smf/postinstall.
> > i think that these changes are common and useful in many
> > cases. so maybe to include them in mgar code?
> > diff file is attached.
>
> Looks good. I committed this as r2967.

thanks :)

> > also in the line 23 of ~/mgar/pkg/nginx/trunk/gar/pkglib/smf/preremove

sorry, not in line 23.

> > i see the check of SMF existance. it is redundant since it is
> > already done
> > in checkinstall.
>
> Mmhhh, I am a bit reluctant to take that out. Comments?

checkinstall (line 6) already calculates the SMF variable and exports it
to the env for other scripts.

postinstall (line 78) already uses this SMF env variable.

preremove (line 62) does not use this SMF env variable but makes the same
calculation as in checkinstall.

i consider either env or recalculation should be used.
mixing them is not beautiful imo :)

> Best regards
>
>    -- Dago

Regards,

--
Andy Igoshin <ai at vsu.ru>                 Voronezh State University
Phone: +7 (4732) 522406                  Network Operation Center