[csw-maintainers] gnupg dependency error and Mantis configuration

Sebastian Kayser skayser at opencsw.org
Wed Feb 4 01:46:27 CET 2009

James Lee wrote:
> On 04/02/09, 00:01:00, Sebastian Kayser <skayser at opencsw.org> wrote
> regarding Re: [csw-maintainers] gnupg dependency error and Mantis
> configuration:

>>> NO IT'S NOT.  Please don't keep telling me what I (don't) see.  Send
>>> evidence so I can track the mail.
>
>> it is, but we need to differentiate here: Mantis now sends out
>> notifications for new bug reports to the relevant package maintainer.
>> You should have gotten the notification i was referring to (that's what
>> the Mantis and mail logs tell me).
>
> Pardon me, (1) it always used to and (2) I've received no bug
> notifications from anyone in 6 months.  It's very hard for me to
> send you evidence of something not happening, all I keep getting
> is someone telling me I am getting emails that I know I'm not.

I understand your concern and the Mantis logs that i have just sent you
should demonstrate what you are looking for (and what i described about
the "drop notifications for one's own actions").

Anyone else in need for Mantis log entries / evidence. No kidding, i
would like to rule out remaining doubts (if any) about the current
configuration.

>From what i have seen in the configuration Mantis simply had not been
set up to mail notifications for _new_ bug reports prior to my changes.
Maybe that had been an upgrade related change or it had simply been
overseen, because other notifications on bug updates were sent out
perfectly fine (just not when a bug was initially opened).

To cut a long story short: Notifications for new bug reports (unless you
file them on your own project) should be functional now and in case
there is anything wrong / missing / to be improved, let me know.

Sebastian