[csw-maintainers] gnupg dependency error and Mantis configuration

Mike Watters mwatters at opencsw.org
Wed Feb 4 05:32:57 CET 2009

Dagobert Michelsen wrote:
> Hi Peter,
>
> Am 03.02.2009 um 20:29 schrieb Peter Bonivart:
>> I just helped a pkgutil user who wanted to install gnupg and it didn't
>> install ncurses as a dependency which it needs. After installing that
>> separately it worked. I checked Mantis and a bug about this missing
>> ncurses dependency was already filed about a week ago. But since the
>> maintainer is Alex Moore I assume no one will handle the bug.
>>
>> Could we configure Mantis so that packages with no active maintainer
>> (in Alex case we know he's retired) get bug notifications posted to
>> this list or similar?
>
> Sebastian, can you reconfigure Mantis to do this?
>
>> Good news is that I saw a new version of gnupg in GAR but it was
>> waiting for libassuan (I think it was) to be released first. Any
>> progress on that?
>
> I am waiting on upstream fixes:
>
> Am 22.01.2009 um 14:23 schrieb Werner Koch:
>> On Wed, 21 Jan 2009 21:43, dam at opencsw.org said:
>> (Some errors worked around in Makefile)
>>
>>> Undefined                       first referenced
>>> symbol                             in file
>>> bug_at                              gpg2keys_hkp-no-libgcrypt.o
>> I will look at it too.
>>
>>> Is here something wrong with my compile environment or is there
>>> something
>> No.  It is just that we selectivly add required libraries and catching
>> errors is hard on systems where these libraries alrady exist as system
>> libraries.
>>

>> Shalom-Salam,
>>
>>   Werner
>>
>> --
>> Die Gedanken sind frei.  Auschnahme regelt ein Bundeschgesetz.
>
> Currently I simply don't have the time to fix this the right way myself.
> Anyone feel free to give it a shot and work on what I put in GAR.
>

> Best regards
>
>    -- Dago

Dago, et.al,

	I have it building on sparcv8. I had to patch the Makefile.in under
pkg-base/keyserver and pkg-base/sm.  I tried to check the changes into
svn but I don't know what the passowrd is.
( Dago can you please assist me with that )

I have a request to get libassuan re-compiled with gpth.
the 64bit sparcv9 version for some reason requires libassuan as 64 bit.
bug 2980 and 3530 are the same issue
I will add the requirement for ncurses  atleast until the new version of
CSWreadline makes it to current.

- --
Thanks,
Mike

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex,
and more violent.  It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage --
to move in the opposite direction."

* Albert Einstein 1879 - 1955
    US German-born Theoretical Physicist