[csw-maintainers] One more topic for "Communication"

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Thu Feb 5 00:19:22 CET 2009

On Wed, Feb 04, 2009 at 09:28:31AM +0100, Dagobert Michelsen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> as users@ has basically failed (almost no posts there) we should about
> a webforum. I know it is hard to track, but what gives us a tool that
> is easy to track but not used? For tracking it should be possible to
> mirror changes to a mailinglist.

I'm not sure that is a valid reference.
it was never that active. nor is the blastwave forum that active either.

On the flip side, I think perhaps it would be beneficial to allow for both
web read/posting, AND mailing list.
There are assorted mailing-list-to-forum interfaces. How about we enable
something like that, and thus AUGMENT, rather than replace, our current
users mailing list?

There are even various "outsourced" free solutions to this.
I think we already have one somewhere although we dont publicise it enough.
There are also sites like "markmail" that we could use.