[csw-maintainers] One more topic for "Communication"

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Fri Feb 6 19:50:09 CET 2009

On Fri, Feb 06, 2009 at 08:09:37AM -0600, Mike Watters wrote:
> I agree, this is for the users and not the maintainers.
> however, as a maintainer, the issue I have with Mailman as a whole is it
> is NOT searchable.  if we could figure out how to "archive" Mailman
> messages and make them searchable I would be happy.

mailman, is mailing list software, not archive software.
It comes with a rudimentary archiver, but it is 'expected' that heavy
traffic lists will gateway to their own choice of archives.

Which, as was just pointed out, has already been done, to

http://dir.gmane.org/gmane.os.solaris.opencsw.user

And there's a nice "all OpenCSW lists" overview at

http://dir.gmane.org/index.php?prefix=gmane.os.solaris.opencsw

I have just updated the top level web page and also the user guide
to reference this.

and by the way, you can use NNTP to connect to the gmane.org stuffs