[csw-maintainers] One more topic for "Communication"

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Mon Feb 9 07:12:20 CET 2009

On Sat, Feb 07, 2009 at 03:43:12PM +0100, Ihsan Dogan wrote:
> Am 6.2.2009 19:51 Uhr, Philip Brown schrieb:
>
> > PS; The ONE down side to gmane.org is that, unlike some other
> > web-based mailing list interfaces... there is no option to post to the list
> > from it.
> > oh. and we wont have any idea how many people are actually using it.
>
> You can, but only over NNTP.

Errr...

If you post via nntp to gmane.org.. does it only go to THEIR archives, or
does it come back to our mailing list as well?

If it does both, i would be surprised.
I guess if it's an open list, then not much surprise, though; that would
actually make sense. or even if subscribed....
presuming you NNTP-connected using the same identity that you are
subscribed to the list with, i guess.