[csw-maintainers] Creation of users and groups added to cswclassutils

Peter Bonivart bonivart at opencsw.org
Mon Feb 9 23:25:19 CET 2009

On Mon, Feb 9, 2009 at 10:16 PM, Sebastian Kayser <skayser at opencsw.org> wrote:
> Does it make any difference to put a class before "none"? I don't have
> much experience with class actions script and just dipped a bit into the
> docs yesterday, but the packaging developers guide [1] says:
>
>        The CLASSES list determines the order of installation. Class
>        none is always installed first, if present, and removed last.
>
> Sounds to me as if a default class != "none" would be required for what
> you are after.
>
> Sebastian
>
> [1] http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/806-7008/6jftmsc38?a=view

Sadly, you may be right, I remember reading that from when I did the
SMF scripts. I will test it tomorrow so we know for sure how it works.

Might be one of those cases where this approach is not enough to do
the job. My aim for this package is to make it much simpler and
consistent  to do what most maintainers need most of the time.

I myself don't use the cswinitsmf scripts for my MailScanner package.
Trying to make everyone 100% happy may complicate it so much that we
get no users (read maintainers adopting it) and then we have failed.
:-)

--
/peter