[csw-maintainers] New in testing/: ncurses 5.7

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Tue Jan 6 18:03:19 CET 2009

On Tue, Jan 06, 2009 at 02:45:27PM +0100, Sebastian Kayser wrote:
> Hi Dago,
>
> Dagobert Michelsen wrote:
> > I finally managed to make a current ncurses 5.7 with full
> > 64 bit for Sparc and x86.
>
> which machine do you use to build 64 bit packages? When i try to build
> mbuffer with GAR v2 and BUILD64=1 on build8x GAR won't let me. :(

yup. cant build amd64 on sol8. sadly.

HHmmmm... well, actually, it should be theoretically possible.
we should be able to set up a gcc cross-compiler, for non-kernel software
builds.

(i'm not volunteering for it though ;-)

but you can use build10x for generating the binaries.

> However, your ncurses PSTAMP makes me believe that you used build8x to
> build the 64 bit ncurses libs. What am i missing?

PSTAMP says where you created the packages. for combined sol8/10 packages,
standard proceedure is to build the "regular" stuff on build8x, then build
aux binaries on build10x and copy them over.