[csw-maintainers] New in testing/: ncurses 5.7

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Tue Jan 6 22:53:10 CET 2009

Hi Sebastian,

Am 06.01.2009 um 14:45 schrieb Sebastian Kayser:
> Dagobert Michelsen wrote:
>> I finally managed to make a current ncurses 5.7 with full
>> 64 bit for Sparc and x86.
>
> which machine do you use to build 64 bit packages? When i try to build
> mbuffer with GAR v2 and BUILD64=1 on build8x GAR won't let me. :(
>
> [===== NOW BUILDING: mbuffer-20081207 MODULATION isa-amd64:
> ISA=amd64 =====]
> ==> Extracting download/mbuffer-20081207.tgz
> ==> Copying download/CSWpackage.gspec
>        [extract-modulated] complete for mbuffer.
> gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/home/skayser/mgar/pkg/mbuffer/trunk'
>        [extract] complete for mbuffer.
> gmake[1]: Entering directory `/home/skayser/mgar/pkg/mbuffer/trunk'
> gar/gar.conf.mk:321: *** The ISA 'amd64' can not be build on this
> kernel
> with the arch 'i386'.  Stop.
>
> However, your ncurses PSTAMP makes me believe that you used build8x to
> build the 64 bit ncurses libs. What am i missing?

The trick is to do the 64 bit compilation on build10x and the
package assembly on build8x.

You do
- build8x: gmake
- build10x: gmake merge
- build8x: gmake package

And you end up with a nicely assembled package. This is only possible
with an NFS-mounted directory between Solaris 8 and 10.
I may add some feature which sshs over to the right machine for each
ISA.