[csw-maintainers] CSWpuppet released into testing

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Mon Jan 12 22:06:35 CET 2009

On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 08:21:31PM +0000, Gary Law wrote:
>    2009/1/12 Ben Walton <bwalton at opencsw.org>
>
>      ...and does it work better under solaris than it did in the past?
>
>    ...depends what issues you had. Ruby on Solaris used to be very hit and
>    miss, which made puppet flaky. That's a solved problem.

well.. mostly solved.
there are still apparently some "quirks" in x86 vs sparc, which is what has
delayed our ruby release.

Ben Walton took ruby on, but got discouraged when he and I examined some
discrepancies between the arches.
I think he's sorta trying to ignore it right now :-)
would any other ruby enthusiast be willing to take a look?