[csw-maintainers] Call for testers

Peter Bonivart bonivart at opencsw.org
Wed Jan 14 10:08:22 CET 2009

On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 1:51 AM, Sebastian Kayser <skayser at opencsw.org> wrote:
> Does pkg-get/pkgutil offer an easy way to blend in the testing/ tree so
> that testing/ wouldn't need to be a full release? I imagine something
> like implicitly using the pkgutil -t option set to the testing tree all
> the time.

No, using -t adds the specified location to what you already have set
as mirror in pkgutil.conf. So, yes, pkgutil can blend in the testing
tree without it needing to be a full release. I wanted it to work for
those who produce a few packages of their own that depend on the CSW
stack. That way they don't have to mirror the whole stack locally.

> This would not only be interesting for the feedback, but also for
> pkg-get / pkgutil.  Can they be forced to install a package from testing
> when the filename and version remain identical (which is per default the
> case for GAR builds done on the same day)?

There's no --reinstall option in pkgutil but if you remove the package
you want to reinstall first, you will always get the latest one at the
example.

--
/peter