[csw-maintainers] svn tags use and naming convention

William Bonnet william at wbonnet.net
Thu Jan 15 23:29:23 CET 2009

Hi Sebastian
> William Bonnet wrote:
>
>> Do we have a standard for the use of tags, branches and associated naming ?
>>
>> If not i can propose one
>>

> Me too :)
Cool. So i guess you are the taker ;) I have more than enough things in
my todo list.
>  I would love to see a tag for each package version that has
> been pushed to current/. Something along the way of:
>
> 	tags/4.4.20,REV=2009.01.13
>
> This way one could know whether a GAR build description is just a stub
> or actually has been used to build a released package.

I had quite the same idea.

We have to think about the way it could be use in dependencies (from a
make world point of view), and write some documentation to propose a
standard.

cheers

--
William                  http://www.wbonnet.net