[csw-maintainers] Thematics month proposal

Trygve Laugstøl trygvis at opencsw.org
Sun Jan 18 22:34:38 CET 2009

Peter Bonivart wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 18, 2009 at 9:32 PM, Trygve Laugstøl <trygvis at opencsw.org> wrote:
>> I recall the same. A few was "handled already", other where "almost
>> done" (like lots of the GAR stuff). Some of the matters are internal
>> stuff (like the exact details of the release process), but most of them
>> are public and should probably be moved to William's page (with a status
>> note if applicable).
>
> The technical stuff is not the problem, I'm not worried about that.
> What worries me, even more after your post, is that there seems to be
> some unexplainable need for secrecy. Why does the release process need
> to be handled internally? And what does that mean? The board? Are you
> involved? Why aren't the rest of us worthy of knowing what goes on?

Come one, there is no secrecy. I meant internally as on the maintainers@
list, not publicly on devel at .

> I hear that it's being handled but I simply don't believe it until I see it.

I'm not sure of any specific stuff going on with the release process,
but if you have specific issues that need to be handled please note
those down on the page that you've already started.

 From what I can tell the major point WRT to the release process is
getting every rule written down or put into code as a part of chkpkg.

--
Trygve