[csw-maintainers] Fwd: [csw-users] Warning: Latest Clamav does not work on old Sparcs

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Thu Jan 22 17:43:24 CET 2009

Hi Peter,

Am 22.01.2009 um 17:12 schrieb Peter Bonivart:
> On Thu, Jan 22, 2009 at 5:00 PM, Dagobert Michelsen
> <dam at opencsw.org> wrote:
>> Sorry Peter, you screwed it up. You reset CFLAGS in your Makefile
>> of clamav. The default is v8+ and the CFLAGS are set in GAR to v8.
>> You should have better just reset OPT_FLAGS_SOS11_sparc and
>> the equivalent flags. Being least-invasive here is quite important.
>
> I remember us discussing optimization and that x03 didn't work but x02
> did.

I had a similar problem with SE Toolkit some time ago. The problem
was produced by using jumps to codereferences without declaring the
proper variables volatile. See
   <https://sourceforge.net/tracker2/?func=detail&aid=1796922&group_id=189279&atid=928689

for details. This may help identifying the problem upstream so you
can compile the next versions with -xO3 again :-)

> By changing to x02 I accidentally removed all other options
> then..?

More specifically by setting CFLAGS directly.

> Could you be more specific on how I should change my Makefile?

Nice and easy after my enhancement in r2875 with
     OPT_FLAGS_SOS = -xO2

As this is quite new please let me know if it worked.

> How about that Python package he mentions then?

That package was done by Ken Mays and the description is not in GAR:
   <http://svn.blastwave.org/trac/browser/csw/trunk/lang/python/
Makefile>
I don't know what happened there. The package at OpenCSW looks ok, but
is
old.