[csw-maintainers] Fwd: [csw-users] Warning: Latest Clamav does not work on old Sparcs

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Thu Jan 22 19:32:12 CET 2009

On Thu, Jan 22, 2009 at 05:00:16PM +0100, Dagobert Michelsen wrote:

> Phil, this [sparc executables not v8] would be nice to catch in checkpkg.

yes, it would :) but it's tricky, which is why I havent implemented it
previously.

The problems being that

1. not all executables HAVE to be in /opt/csw/bin
2. some executables are LEGITIMATELY non vanilla v8.

Best I could do, would be to look at executables in /opt/csw/bin only.
Which would still potentially miss somethings, but would at least catch
more than is being done now.

yes/no?