[csw-maintainers] [csw-buildfarm] FYI: Temporarily deactivation .la-files

Chad Harp harpchad at opencsw.org
Thu Jan 22 19:37:14 CET 2009

Several of those packages don't have maintainers.  By leaving them there
we're deciding not to build new packages that have a broken libtool
dependencies.

i.e.

Old package that no longer has a maintainer has an [a.la] file that
references another [b.la] file.  But b.la is gone now because the
maintainer of that package is stripping .la files when he packages.  Now
packages that depend on a.so will not build because libtool wants to see
b.la.

We need a global policy on libtool files.  We should either remove them
all allowing them only by exception or chose to keep them.  Right now
the build farm is in a state where I cannot build most of my packages
because old .la files reference .la files that have been removed in
newer builds by package maintainers.

Cleaning this up is probably going to be painful, maybe someone has some
libtool magic to make it build around these situations?