[csw-maintainers] submitting a package and "communication" issues

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Tue Jan 27 20:20:34 CET 2009

On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 05:51:16PM +0100, Peter FELECAN wrote:
> ... In the "new world", on the only relevant page of our site,
> http://www.opencsw.org/standards/pkg-walkthrough, I read that I must
> "copy your finished packages to /home/newpkgs on www.opencsw.org".
>
> Being connected on login.opencsw.org I try to scp the package but I'm
> asked for a password. What password? I supplied many time my public key
> and I'm expecting to be authorized to release a package.
> Is there a kind soul who can explain the whole process, with an example,
> please?

It seems that the only "piece of the puzzle" you are missing from the
process, is an easy way to copy a package from build machines, to www.

Unfortunately, older maintainer accounts, do not have the scp set up to be
seamless by default.
But, since you have full login access to both machines already, you
yourself have the power to "fix" this, as on any other unix machine that
you scp to and from.

if you scp the .ssh/id_dsa.pub from login, back to your normal
(desktop?) machine, then copy it from there, over to www, and then
append it to the authorized_keys file there, then you will have just given
yourself access to scp directly between login.bo.opencsw.org, and
www.opencsw.org

I have also updated the web page with this information.