[csw-maintainers] Proposed patch for mgar v2 (ISAEXEC_EXCLUDE_FILES)

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Tue Jan 27 22:57:27 CET 2009

Hi Chad,

Am 27.01.2009 um 22:44 schrieb Chad Harp:
> I want to propose and get feedback on the following patch to gar.
>
> I'd like to add a configuration variable called
> ISAEXEC_EXCLUDE_FILES. The purpose of this variable would be to
> define items that should not be moved to a bin/$(ISA) directory and
> wrapped with isaexec.
>
> Examples of executables that you may not want to wrap:
>   shell & other interpreted language scripts
>   symbolic links (i.e. view->vim, no need to wrap the view symlink)
>   executables that wouldn't benefit from 64bit support

This sounds reasonable.

> I've implemented this in the attached patch by adding another flag
> to pathfilter (-n) and calling it with the excluded files from
> gar.pkg.mk
> I've done some testing and it works as I need it to.  Hopefully I
> haven't missed a simpler way to do this.

Well, it should work but I think you have missed a simpler way to do
this ;-)
The list of files to be isaexec'ed is defined in ISAEXEC_FILES in
gar.mk, which
adds one option per isaexec-file to pathfilter. Taking them out at
pathfilter
after explicitly passing them to pathfilter looks wrong to me. It is
easier
to add something like
   ISAEXEC_FILES = $(filter-out $(ISAEXEC_EXCLUDE_FILES), <old-expr>)
where ISAEXEC_EXCLUDE_FILES is applied one-file-at-a-time in gar.mk.
I'll take a look tomorrow.