[csw-maintainers] pkg-get 4.0 problem

Eric J Korpela korpela at opencsw.org
Thu Jan 29 04:26:22 CET 2009

I'm trying to install packages to test a build on my local machine
(sparc Solaris 10)

I installed pkg-get 4.0 2008.12.15

For example, one package dependency is mesalibs.  Attempting to
install it tells me that CSWcommon is not up to date.  Attempting to
update CSWcommon tells me that I have the current version installed.
Updating the catalogs with -U doesn't help

I've tried uninstalling all CSW packages and reinstalling pkg-get to no avail.

-bash-3.00# pkg-get -i mesalibs
No existing install of CSWmesa found. Installing...
Pre-existing local file
mesalibs-7.2,REV=2008.10.19-SunOS5.8-sparc-CSW.pkg.gz matches checksum
Keeping existing file
Analysing special files...
Error: dependancy common (CSWcommon) not up to date
Call pkg-get again in 'upgrade all' mode
eg: '/opt/csw/bin/pkg-get upgrade'
This will then upgrade all packages cleanly

ERROR: could not install required dependancies for CSWmesa
Once dependancies are up to date, call
       /opt/csw/bin/pkg-get -i mesalibs
to (re)install
-bash-3.00# pkg-get -u common
No worries... you already have version 1.4.6,REV=2008.04.28 of common
If you doubt this message, run 'pkg-get -U', then run
 'pkg-get upgrade common'