[csw-maintainers] .la discussion

James Lee james at opencsw.org
Sat Jan 31 13:36:02 CET 2009

On 28/01/09, 16:27:22, Chad Harp <harpchad at opencsw.org> wrote regarding
[csw-maintainers] .la discussion:

> I've got some .la files that are causing issues.  I've seen some
> requests to have them deleted (on a single file basis) from the build
> farm, is that how we should handle them for now?

I was criticised the the last time I offered my workaround but here
goes again because it actually works.

It is not so much the la files that are a problem but libtool's use
of them.  My strategy is one of living with libtool rather than
avoiding or fighting it.

Write a shell script (or whatever you like) and name it cc and/or CC.
Place it on the path in front of real compiler.  Make the script
dismantle the compiler args, reassemble in a sane order, exclude
and add anything you want and call the real compiler with your own
new arg list.

James.