[csw-maintainers] Package page broken

James Lee james at opencsw.org
Sat Jan 31 13:39:58 CET 2009

On 31/01/09, 03:25:05, Philip Brown <phil at bolthole.com> wrote regarding Re:
[csw-maintainers] Package page broken:

> but does james's page, have ALL the features of the existing page?
> I'm not aware that it does.

> for example, you cannot search for shared libs

True.  I only read the top part of the package file to extract the info
parts (as a stream from a remote URL).  This mean only a small amount
needs to be downloaded.  To read the ELF headers and extract the shared
lib usage the whole package has to be read and I chose not to.

> nor does it link to the mantis section, for an individual package.

It don't know the mapping from package name to mantis number, (no access
to the mantis data).  Mantis would be better if it used package name
itself not an arbitrary id number.  Of course if someone could set up a
forwarder...