[csw-maintainers] (dbus fixes)

Sebastian Kayser skayser at opencsw.org
Wed Jul 22 10:45:42 CEST 2009

Hi William,

William Bonnet wrote:
>> yes you should be the one to announce it :-)
>>
> Master Yoda^W^WPhil, the one to announce it, will I be ;)
>
>> once it passes through testing, thenI would say as soon as I officialy
>> clear it through newpkgs, you should send emails to both the user, and
>> "announce" lists, mentioning what is required.
>>
> So thanks for more feedbacks then i'll request for a release.

I have just tried to update the dbus package from testing and have seen
two problems.

1) I had to issue "kill -9 `cat /opt/csw/var/run/dbus/pid`" during the
pkgrm of the old dbus package (when it says "Disabling
svc:/system/cswdbus ..."), not before. Doing it before just made SMF
start cswdbus again.

2) After having the new version installed the service doesn't come up
any more. From /var/svc/log/system-cswdbus:default.log

[ Jul 22 10:40:07 Executing start method
("/var/opt/csw/svc/method/svc-cswdbus start") ]
/var/opt/csw/svc/method/svc-cswdbus: smf_is_nonglobalzone: not found
--config-file specified but configuration file
/opt/csw/etc/dbus-1/system.conf already requested
dbus failed to start: error 1
[ Jul 22 10:40:07 Method "start" exited with status 1 ]

# pkginfo -x CSWdbus
CSWdbus  dbus - DBus Message Bus System
         (i386) 1.2.12,REV=2009.07.15

The whole upgrade console log can be found at [1].

Sebastian

[1] http://pastebin.com/m6956c9d3