[csw-maintainers] package hooks (update)

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Thu Jul 2 19:51:32 CEST 2009

Also...

On Thu, Jul 02, 2009 at 01:05:01PM -0400, Ben Walton wrote:
> http://wiki.opencsw.org/package-hooks

I dont see where it explicitly calls how how a package tool can
differentiate between "batch" and "per-package" hooks.

also, the communication between package tools and hooks, seems to be rather
vague.
An rfc normally deals with fairly concrete directives. and even when it is
vague, it is explicitly vague. that is to say, "must" vs "may" :-)

What I mean is, I think it would be beneficial to have the "communication"
section rewritten along the lines of,

[in situation X, the package tool should pass in argument Y]

Right now, it seems like package tools "may" pass in arguments to hooks,
basically on a whim. there is no rhyme or reason to it that i can see.