[csw-maintainers] HELP: testing for new package CSQL

Peter Bonivart bonivart at opencsw.org
Mon Jul 6 11:18:39 CEST 2009

On Fri, Jul 3, 2009 at 11:47 AM, prabakaran<praba_tuty at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi Team,
> I am creating csw package for CSQL main memory database management system.
> This is my first package creation experience.. I have put the package under
> the below nfs directory
>
> /home/testing/csql-2.5.1,REV=2009.07.02-SunOS5.10-sparc-CSW.pkg.gz
>
> It is created on solaris 10 as it uses atomic compare and swap which is
> supported only in solaris 10.
> Can somebody test this( as i do not have root access) and let me know your
> comments.

I tried to install it on Solaris 10 x86 but I got a prompt for base
directory, that needs to be fixed.

"Enter path to package base directory [?,q]"

Also, don't display the license during installation. You don't seem to
be using GAR (why not?) so put this in the copyright file:

"Please see /opt/csw/share/doc/csql/license for license information"
and then copy the full license to that file.

--
/peter