[csw-maintainers] [csw-users] Munin 1.3.4 in testing

Juergen Arndt ja at opencsw.org
Mon Jul 6 18:51:18 CEST 2009

On Mon, 06 Jul 2009 18:32:29 +0200, Trygve Laugstøl <trygvis at opencsw.org>
wrote:

> Juergen Arndt wrote:
>> Hi,
>>  I've put Munin 1.3.4 into testing. It's the initial version for
>> OpenCSW. The software consists of the packages munin_master and
>> munin_node.
>
> Also, why was 1.3.4 packaged and not the stable 1.2.6? Is 1.3.4 know to
> be as stable as 1.2.6?
>
> I see that Fedora and Debian both package 1.2.5/.6:
>
> http://dag.wieers.com/rpm/packages/munin/
> http://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=munin&searchon=names&suite=all&section=all

1.2.6 is the last official stable version, but it's already more than a
year old and I was asked to package a more current version. If this does
not comply with our policies, I will package 1.2.6 as well, no problem.

> I just tried your packages. The installation look fine and I made some
> small notes on the wiki[1]. However, when I tried to create a graph, all
> and any letters are rendered as a box. See the attached image. I assume
> that this really is an rrdtool issue more than a Munin issue.
>  [1]: http://wiki.opencsw.org/munin-package

I cannot confirm that, on my installation the graphs look as expected.
Maybe some dependencies are missing, I will try to dig into it.

I will update your wiki page in the next future with some more
installation details.

Juergen

--
Juergen Arndt