[csw-maintainers] [csw-users] Munin 1.3.4 in testing

Trygve Laugstøl trygvis at opencsw.org
Mon Jul 6 19:04:57 CEST 2009

Juergen Arndt wrote:
> On Mon, 06 Jul 2009 18:32:29 +0200, Trygve Laugstøl
> <trygvis at opencsw.org> wrote:
>
>> Juergen Arndt wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>  I've put Munin 1.3.4 into testing. It's the initial version for
>>> OpenCSW. The software consists of the packages munin_master and
>>> munin_node.
>>
>> Also, why was 1.3.4 packaged and not the stable 1.2.6? Is 1.3.4 know
>> to be as stable as 1.2.6?
>>
>> I see that Fedora and Debian both package 1.2.5/.6:
>>
>> http://dag.wieers.com/rpm/packages/munin/
>> http://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=munin&searchon=names&suite=all&section=all
>>

> 1.2.6 is the last official stable version, but it's already more than a
> year old and I was asked to package a more current version. If this does
> not comply with our policies, I will package 1.2.6 as well, no problem.

No, I was just wondering really.

>> I just tried your packages. The installation look fine and I made some
>> small notes on the wiki[1]. However, when I tried to create a graph,
>> all and any letters are rendered as a box. See the attached image. I
>> assume that this really is an rrdtool issue more than a Munin issue.
>>  [1]: http://wiki.opencsw.org/munin-package
>
> I cannot confirm that, on my installation the graphs look as expected.
> Maybe some dependencies are missing, I will try to dig into it.
>
> I will update your wiki page in the next future with some more
> installation details.

I think it would be nice if the package included two complete apache
configuration files (the basic and the one with CGI) so that the user
can just Include them from httpd.conf. From what I can tell it is not
likely that a user will need to adjust the configuration at all, at
least not to get started.

As for my rrd issue I just did a test from the rrd tutorial and the
graphs look ok there.

Which encoding does your system use? I'm using en_US.UTF-8.

--
Trygve