[csw-maintainers] "pkgconfig --exist ..." is telling porkies

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Tue Jul 7 21:35:55 CEST 2009

On Tue, Jul 07, 2009 at 07:25:56PM +0000, James Lee wrote:
> Anyone understand pkgconfig?  This looks easy but I'm blind as to why
> it's not working:
> $ /opt/csw/bin/pkg-config --libs 'gtk+-2.0'
> sh: gnome-config: not found
> Package xcb was not found in the pkg-config search path.
> Perhaps you should add the directory containing `xcb.pc'
> Package 'xcb', required by 'cairo', not found

seems fairly clear: xcb isnt installed on build8s.
or at least the pkgconfig files for it arent installed.

or actually... they are installed in /opt/csw/X11/lib/pkgconfig

Methinks cairo needs to be rebuilt or something, to give the "new and
proper" path to it or something. but otherwise, perhaps you can add that
dir to your pkgconfig path as first.

I hope our cairo/new-x11 maintainres can come up with a more transparent
solution to this stuff though.