[csw-maintainers] "pkgconfig --exist ..." is telling porkies

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Tue Jul 7 22:22:54 CEST 2009

On Tue, Jul 07, 2009 at 03:01:14PM -0500, Mike Watters wrote:
> > Which package needs the bug report?  Gtk+-2.0, cairo, xcb or pkgconfig?
>
> xcb and in fact all the "new" xlib packages have their PKG_CONFIG_PATH as
> /opt/csw/X11/lib/pkgconfig
>
> when doing anything that requires CSWx* packages you need to use something
> along the lines of: EXTRA_PKG_CONFIG_DIRS = $(prefix)/X11/lib

idealy though... our cairo package should "do the right thing" somehow, in
my opinion.
after all, that's what pkg-config is for.. to take all the by-hand
messiness out of compiling?

I dont know much about pkg-config, but might there be some kind of,
"and hey add /opt/csw/X11/lib to PKG_CONFIG_PATH now" magic, you can put in
/opt/csw/lib/pkgconfig/cairo.pc  or something?

or... maybe the issue is that /opt/csw/lib/pkgconfig/cairo.pc
should not exist there in the first place, but be moved
to /opt/csw/lib/X11/lib/pkgconfig/   instead?

I dunno.