[csw-maintainers] "pkgconfig --exist ..." is telling porkies

James Lee james at opencsw.org
Wed Jul 8 11:22:48 CEST 2009

On 07/07/09, 21:03:34, William Bonnet <william at wbonnet.net> wrote regarding
Re: [csw-maintainers] "pkgconfig --exist ..." is telling porkies:

> > I hope our cairo/new-x11 maintainres can come up with a more transparent
> > solution to this stuff though.
> >
> Please also add  /opt/csw/X11/lib/pkgconfig to your  PKG_CONFIG_PATH

There is another problem with the CSW system, eg:

$ /opt/csw/bin/pkg-config --libs 'gtk+-2.0'
sh: gnome-config: not found
Package gobject-2.0 was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `gobject-2.0.pc'
Package 'gobject-2.0', required by 'GdkPixbuf', not found

gtk+-2.0.pc is part of CSWgtk2.  gobject-2.0.pc is needed by CSWgtk2's
gtk+-2.0.pc and is part of CSWglib2devel but it's not a depend so I
don't have it installed.  I used to have gobject-2.0.pc as part of
CSWglib2 but it was moved to CSWglib2devel and not added CSWglib2 as
a depend.  In the past when we have split packages we have added the
parts to the main package to ensure continuity.

James.