[csw-maintainers] Library problem?

William Bonnet william at wbonnet.net
Wed Jul 8 13:31:11 CEST 2009

Hi

> Thanks to everyone who responded to my query.  Yes, apparently the problem
> was with the pango.modules file and after running the above command (the
> binaries under sparc and sparcv8 are the same) my problem was resolved.
>
> I am using the latest 1.24.3,REV=2009.07.01 version of libpango and I
> typically update once a week or so.  I do not know exactly when the last
> update was to libpango on my system.  Does this look like a general bug in
> the post-install script that failed to automatically regenerate the
> module list?

I was able to re produce the same problem on a 64 bit VM and thunderbird.

Is it possible that the problem comes from the fact a 32 bit application
(thunderbird) is running on a 64 bit machine, when loading pango modules
it retrieves the 64 bits modules from the pango.modules config file and
this produces a warning / error.

If this is the case i don't really see how having two different version
of the executable used to generate this file may solve this.

Any clue is welcome :)

cheers
W.