[csw-maintainers] Library problem?

Mike Watters mwatters at opencsw.org
Wed Jul 8 15:29:27 CEST 2009

William Bonnet wrote:
> Hi
>
>> Thanks to everyone who responded to my query.  Yes, apparently the
>> problem
>> was with the pango.modules file and after running the above command (the
>> binaries under sparc and sparcv8 are the same) my problem was resolved.
>>
>> I am using the latest 1.24.3,REV=2009.07.01 version of libpango and I
>> typically update once a week or so.  I do not know exactly when the last
>> update was to libpango on my system.  Does this look like a general
>> bug in
>> the post-install script that failed to automatically regenerate the
>> module list?
>>
> I was able to re produce the same problem on a 64 bit VM and thunderbird.
>
> Is it possible that the problem comes from the fact a 32 bit application
> (thunderbird) is running on a 64 bit machine, when loading pango modules
> it retrieves the 64 bits modules from the pango.modules config file and
> this produces a warning / error.
>
> If this is the case i don't really see how having two different version
> of the executable used to generate this file may solve this.
>
> Any clue is welcome :)
>
> cheers
> W.

This unfortunately is a known bug in this version
http://www.opencsw.org/mantis/view.php?id=3750

I think I saw some threads bouncing back and forth with regard to the best way
to correct this issue.  the ticket above has a temporary fix in the notes from
Dago.

- --

Thanks,
Mike

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex,
and more violent.  It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage --
to move in the opposite direction."

* Albert Einstein 1879 - 1955
    US German-born Theoretical Physicist