[csw-maintainers] setting apache2 cmdline options

Darin Perusich Darin.Perusich at cognigencorp.com
Thu Jul 9 17:37:03 CEST 2009

This probably belongs on the users list but I figure I'll pose my
question here instead. How are people going about setting command line
options for apache2 httpd processes? If I specify <IfDefine name>
directives in my httpd.conf how would one go about setting -Dname on the
command line without modifying the manifest? You can't.

I'm asking because I was setting up an SSL server and I'm using the
certificate for multiple apps, stunnel and apache, and I've placed it in
/opt/csw/etc/ssl/certs/ the global location for certificates and when I
started apache it didn't load mod_ssl. After digging around for
documentation on this, which is non-existent, I looked at the manifest
and it only loads -DSSL if $APACHE_HOME/etc/server.crt exists. Well,
what if that isn't were my certificate lives or is named? Have a
configuration file that can be sourced to set command line options would
be ideal and is really the only solution I can see.

Yes I know I can remove the <IfDefine SSL> or touch server.crt but those
are band-aids.

What you peoples thoughts on this?

--
Darin Perusich