[csw-maintainers] howto control which files go into which part of split package

Sebastian Kayser skayser at opencsw.org
Wed Jul 15 22:21:46 CEST 2009

Hi John,

John Ellson wrote:
> 1.   How can I list the file contents of a .pkg.gz to verify what I've
> done?

  $ gunzip .pkg.gz
  $ pkgtrans .pkg .

Then dig around in CSWpkg. If you just build one package (that is without
splitting files in separate packages), you can also have a look in
work/pkgroot just after the "gmake merge" phase. That is what i usually
do, instead of "gmake package", first do a gmake merge and the find
work/pkgroot |less.

> 2.   How do I specify the set of files to go into a subpackage, and
> exclude those same files from the other
> subpackages?
>
> e.g.   if I have:
>
>      PKGFILES_CSWgraphviztcl = $(libexecdir_install)/graphviz/tcl/.*
>
> does that automatically exclude those matched files from the core
> graphviz package?

Yes, should be the default behaviour. See [1,2].

Sebastian

[1] http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/gar/wiki/Prototypes
[2] http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/gar/wiki/DynamicPackageFiles