[csw-maintainers] howto control which files go into which part of split package

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Wed Jul 15 22:22:28 CEST 2009

Ho John,

Am 15.07.2009 um 18:15 schrieb John Ellson:
> 1.   How can I list the file contents of a .pkg.gz to verify what
> I've done?

After "gmake package" / "gmake repackage" you can inspect
   work/build-global/*.prototype*

> 2.   How do I specify the set of files to go into a subpackage, and
> exclude those same files from the other
> subpackages?
>
> e.g.   if I have:
>
>    PKGFILES_CSWgraphviztcl = $(libexecdir_install)/graphviz/tcl/.*
>
> does that automatically exclude those matched files from the core
> graphviz package?

Yes. This is documented at
   <http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/gar/wiki/Prototypes>
You must also specify that you want to build multiple packages
documented at
   <http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/gar/wiki/DynamicPackageFiles>

You will usually not use *_install, as the installation goes to $
(libexecdir).
The use of *_install is mostly for internal things.

Jürgen has also spent some effort on a graphviz package and he'll help
you
push the package out soon.