[csw-maintainers] Call for volunteer : xpdf

Benjamin von Mossner benny at opencsw.org
Fri Jul 17 14:27:36 CEST 2009

Hi,

> >From what i know, Benny has been working on an updated version. He is at a
> customer event right now, but he should be able to tell you whether i was
> right or not later on today.

so finally i had some time to repackage xpdf with GAR.
Updated version can be found in testing, included a fix for 0002724
and and the latest security patches.

Talking about the bug:
I am definatly not an libXt expert, so i dont know if my fix is
appropriate. In xpdf/XPDFCore.cc the call to XtVaSetValues is
done with the wrong(?) widget and therefor fails to size the
window correctly. My diff therefor (and apparently the fix) is
kind of trivial.
[snip]
-    XtVaSetValues(drawArea, XmNwidth, width, XmNheight, height, NULL);
+    XtVaSetValues(shell, XmNwidth, width, XmNheight, height, NULL);
[snap]
But as mentioned above, i dont know if this is the right place to
fix this issue, nor why the unpatched code works fine on *BSD and
linux.
So if there is anyone familiar with libXt and/or stumbled upon
this or similar issue, i would be eager to know :-)

Cheers,
benny
--
/"\ ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN                  | Benjamin von Mossner
\ / AGAINST HTML MAIL                      | benny at vonmossner.de
/ \ multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind