[csw-maintainers] Order of matching of PKGFILES_CSWfoo patterns

Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski maciej at opencsw.org
Tue Jul 21 16:19:13 CEST 2009

On Tue, Jul 21, 2009 at 2:19 PM, Dagobert Michelsen<dam at opencsw.org> wrote:
>> Is the outcome of such build specified or unspecified? If specified,
>> what is the order of resolution? First wins, last wins? What's the
>> order?
>
> In parallel :-) The path must match include and not exclude.
> The decision is shortcut. All pathes included in a package are
> excluded from all other packages. That means IIRC the package
> CSWfoo would contain 'foo' and CSWbar would contain 'foo' and
> 'bar'.

If I understand correctly, when CSWbar contains both bin/foo and
bin/bar, paths included in a package aren't excluded from other
packages -- foo is included in both packages.

> The mechanism was written to simplify saying explicitly
> what you want in what package and exclude stuff from other
> packages.

I'm currently working with the cups package. There are two packages:
cupsd and cupsclient. Binaries for those packages are put into the
same paths (/opt/csw/bin, /opt/csw/sbin), so one needs to cherrypick
the right binaries. I hoped to be able to say: take this and that for
cupsd, the rest is cupsclient. If they're processed in parallel, I
need to explicitly list all the binaries then. Is that right? Do you
have any other ideas?

Current prototypes of the mentioned packages:

http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/gar/browser/csw/mgar/pkg/cups/trunk/files/CSWcupsd.prototype
http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/gar/browser/csw/mgar/pkg/cups/trunk/files/CSWcupsclient.prototype