[csw-maintainers] Order of matching of PKGFILES_CSWfoo patterns

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Tue Jul 21 16:28:32 CEST 2009

Hi Maciej,

Am 21.07.2009 um 16:19 schrieb Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski:
> On Tue, Jul 21, 2009 at 2:19 PM, Dagobert Michelsen<dam at opencsw.org>
> wrote:
>>> Is the outcome of such build specified or unspecified? If specified,
>>> what is the order of resolution? First wins, last wins? What's the
>>> order?
>>
>> In parallel :-) The path must match include and not exclude.
>> The decision is shortcut. All pathes included in a package are
>> excluded from all other packages. That means IIRC the package
>> CSWfoo would contain 'foo' and CSWbar would contain 'foo' and
>> 'bar'.
>
> If I understand correctly, when CSWbar contains both bin/foo and
> bin/bar, paths included in a package aren't excluded from other
> packages -- foo is included in both packages.

All files which match PKGFILES go into that package, inclusion
takes precedence. In your case that is foo and bar for CSWbar.

>> The mechanism was written to simplify saying explicitly
>> what you want in what package and exclude stuff from other
>> packages.
>
> I'm currently working with the cups package. There are two packages:
> cupsd and cupsclient. Binaries for those packages are put into the
> same paths (/opt/csw/bin, /opt/csw/sbin), so one needs to cherrypick
> the right binaries. I hoped to be able to say: take this and that for
> cupsd, the rest is cupsclient. If they're processed in parallel, I
> need to explicitly list all the binaries then. Is that right? Do you
> have any other ideas?

You usually specify PKGFILES for all but one packages which gets all
the rest not included in any package. And you can say
   PKGFILES_CSWcupsd = $(sbindir)/(cupsd|cupsfilter)
and leave out PKGFILES for CSWcupsclient.