[csw-maintainers] The source code of www.opencsw.org

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Fri Jul 24 18:03:43 CEST 2009

On Fri, Jul 24, 2009 at 11:08:04AM +0200, Trygve Laugstøl wrote:
> If the code can't be shown to the world without being a security risk,
> and Phil doesn't believe that we can write secure code, I'd like to
> replace the application with something that we all can work on and
> extend.

There is no "*THE* application".
Additionally pretty much any web application, reguardless of language, has
the potential for security holes. So changing the framework, does not
definitively eliminate the underlying problem here.

This shows a fundamental non-understanding of what is going on in our web
space (and security, for that matter).

Just as people who arent actually maintaining packages, should not get to
tell active maintainers how to package... I think that people who arent
actually DOING WEB WORK, should not be telling those who are, how to do it.

If people want to actually do work, then great! please speak up with what
area you want to work on. Then after that, talk about how you think the
working environment could be improved.