[csw-maintainers] Updating cups to 1.3.11

Ben Walton bwalton at opencsw.org
Fri Jul 24 19:38:36 CEST 2009

Excerpts from Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski's message of Fri Jul 24 13:28:47 -0400 2009:

> I'd like to ask the senior maintainers to take a look at the change.
> It's relatively large. There are bits I'm unsure about, such as
> "ENABLE_CHECK = 0".

A while back I made some updates to checkpkg such that it worked on a
set of packages and honoured lib splitting across them such as you're
doing here.  This allowed one to leave ENABLE_CHECK = 1 and still have
checkpkg pass.

After a few revisions of the patch, it was seemingly dropped.  I still
have my local copy of the script I believe if you want to use it to
validate your set of packages _after_ GAR has built them.  I'm not
sure if there are more checks in the current checkpkg though.

Having to disable the checks stinks since they do catch other valuable
things.

GPG Key Id: 8E89F6D2; Key Server: pgp.mit.edu
Contact me to arrange for a CAcert assurance meeting.