[csw-maintainers] Subversion on bender

Ben Walton bwalton at opencsw.org
Fri Jul 24 21:18:40 CEST 2009

Excerpts from Philip Brown's message of Fri Jul 24 14:24:21 -0400 2009:

> everyone is entitled to an opinion, and to even express that opinion. but
> not everyone is entitled to a *vote* on such matters. non-workers have no
> right _telling_ workers (especialy volunteer workers) how they are going to
> work.

I certainly agree with these points.  I just figured that since effort
was made to form an association with bylaws, voting/non-voting
members[1], etc that this might be something that actually could
warrant a vote from voting members.  The website and how its handled
does have a large impact on the project as a whole, after all.
Maintenace of said domain (which presumably includes the website) is
one of the stated goals of the association.

I'm now requesting access to the web content also.  I'm going to
re-factor all php files such that database connection info is stored
only in a single place, thus facilitating the possibility of storing
this code in a non-local (read: not live) repository in the future[2]
with the db details excluded for security purposes.

William: What is the status of the mock-up?  Are there stumbling
blocks you're facing other than time constraints?

Thanks
-Ben

[1] I couldn't find a list of who gets a vote and who doesn't (or by
    what criteria the board was able to grant or deny this ability).
[2] I'd be happy to check into SCCS for the time being as long as some
    instructions are provided.

GPG Key Id: 8E89F6D2; Key Server: pgp.mit.edu
Contact me to arrange for a CAcert assurance meeting.