[csw-maintainers] Updated libiconv in testing, testing appreciated

Sebastian Kayser skayser at opencsw.org
Fri Jul 24 23:03:28 CEST 2009

Hi,

i have put an updated libiconv 1.13.1 in testing. The most notable
change since version 1.12 is native support for platform-dependent
encoding aliases like the Solaris C locale default of 646 ("for better
compatibility with the platform's own iconv_open function").

This should obsolete related hacks required in other packages. I have it
running on a couple of non-GUI test boxes without hitches, but as it is
a to-be-adopted and fundamental package, I would appreciate a bit more
testing/feedback/review by some of you guys.

I know that the package and software name differ (iconv vs. libiconv),
but that is not something i would want to change now (given that many
dependent packages).

Sebastian