[csw-maintainers] libcairo failing to build on build8x

John Ellson ellson at opencsw.org
Sun Jul 26 01:07:58 CEST 2009

On 07/25/2009 03:38 PM, John Ellson wrote:
> I can build libcairo on build8s, but on build8x I'm getting:
>
>     gar/gar.conf.mk:352: *** The ISA 'amd64' can not be build on this
> kernel with the arch 'i386'.  Stop.
>     gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/home/ellson/mgar/pkg/libcairo/trunk'
>     make: *** [merge-isa-amd64] Error 2
>

> Sould I be using a different build host?

OK, I see, its from BUILD64=1, and I'm supposed to do:

	build8x $ gmake merge   (builds all 32 bit ISAs and merges them)
	build10x $ gmake merge   (builds the remaining ISAs and merges them)
	 build8x $ gmake package (makes package, so it is installable on Solaris 8)

Painful!   And it doesn't work either due to this other previously reported problem with libm:

	One more thing: What you are trying to do here

	>/  # Solaris 10 on build10x has libm.so which points to libm.so.2.//libm.so.2
/	>/  # is however not available on Solaris 8. So we have to explicitly use
/	>/  # libm.so.1 during linking and get rid of the -lm reference. Otherwise
/	>/  # the package check on build8x when running "gmake package" fails.
/
	is also a flaw of checkpkg: When a package is build on Solaris 8 and Solaris 10
	the complete package may fail when checkpkg'ed on Solaris 8 with the reason above.
	You were able to link to a specific version, but this may not always be possible.
	I have no idea on how this could be fixed in checkpkg apart from not making
	mixed packages or checking only on Solaris 10.

So, Dago, how were you building libcairo before?

John